Short Programme in Production
Part-Time | ICESA Non-Credit Provider Programme
The purpose of the Short Programme in Production is to provide the student with all the skills required in the field to perform tasks in a manufacturing environment. The programme prepares the student for effective planning and monitoring of production processes by equipping them with the necessary tools to identify and correctly report faults/malfunctions whist ensuring that the product meets the required quality standards.
Build your career with a qualification from ICESA
Everybody has a dream about the ideal career that they would like to get into one day. Some may dream of a career in fashion, journalism or even travel and tourism. At ICESA we understand that choosing a career is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make, and we are passionate about providing you with a sound qualification of your dreams at an affordable price. We also know that you would like the time that you spend on campus to be academically rewarding but that you also want to enjoy a rich, full social life. With this in mind we have dynamic, easy to access campuses situated around in some of KZN’s busiest, most vibrant CBD areas for your convenience.
- English at Grade 10/NQF level 2 or equivalent
- Mathematical Literacy at Grade 10/NQF level 2 or equivalent
- Minimum of 16 Years old
Expected time on the course
The programme duration is 64 Hours and the tuition is Face to Face on Saturdays from 08h00 to 12h00.
Course Content and Modules
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme:
Adjust and Maintain Production Processes:
- Prepare for work activity
- Monitor and adjust processes
- Document all occurrences on each shift
- Perform quality tests and inspections on materials, components and products
- Perform finishing activities on the products produced.
- Recognize and report changes or malfunctions while operating
- Discuss and explain incidents and problems related to the process, the materials and the products
Study Guides and Course Material
All lists of prescribed textbooks will be provided by your nearest ICESA City Campus. Students will receive a copy of the academic study guides for this programme. All textbooks and other material are excluded from the tuition fees.
Careers that would suit you best
Students can be employed in the following career fields:
- Production Supervisor
- Production Management
- Production Quality Assurance
- Production Planning
Understanding your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive an ICESA Short Programme Certificate in Production.