Diploma in Human Resource Management (Dip: HRM)
Full-time | SAQA ID: 58379 | NQF Level: 5 | Credits: 245 | Course Type: National Qualification
"Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish." Sam Walton
Secure your future with a Diploma in Human Resource Management
Are you the kind of person who wants to help others reach their full potential? Do you love the idea of spotting potential in a person and giving them the necessary skills and resources to perform at their very best?
If you have a passion for dealing with people, excellent communication skills and a mind for order and structure then a career in Human Resources Management is just the field for you.
You will be the central force from which everything operates, and the first point of contact for new employees coming into a company.
Drafting policies, briefing job descriptions, assisting with recruitment, training and development, maintaining professional, academic and technical knowledge within a company, could easily be ‘all in a day’s work’ for a human resources manager. Get the edge with a Diploma in Human Resources Management at ICESA.
Build your career with a qualification from ICESA
Everybody has a dream about the ideal career that they would like to get into one day. Some may dream of a career in fashion, journalism or even travel and tourism. At ICESA we understand that choosing a career is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make, and we are passionate about providing you with a sound qualification of your dreams at an affordable price. We also know that you would like the time that you spend on campus to be academically rewarding but that you also want to enjoy a rich, full social life. With this in mind we have dynamic, easy to access campuses situated around in some of KZN’s busiest, most vibrant CBD areas for your convenience.
Registering for the Diploma in Human Resource Management is easy! Our staff on the different campuses are friendly, efficient and easy to contact. To find out more, all you need to do is either log onto our website, fill out our online form, call us, or simply pay us a visit. We will be glad to assist you.
A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40% - 49%) in 4 recognised 20 credit bearing subjects
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- English at grade 12/NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Age Exemption (23 years or older)
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
Expected time on the course
When it comes to time spent on your course, we realise that time is of the essence. At ICESA we would like to equip you with the necessary skills and set you on the path to your dream job as quickly as possible.
- Our HET and FET courses range between 1 – 3 years.
- Our provider and short courses range between 30 hour - 5 months on a full-time basis and then a 1 year - 3 year courses on a part time basis.
- Matric School offers support to learners on all matric subjects, Classes are offered on a full or part-time basis.
The programme duration is two years and tuition is face to face. ICESA tuition is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Course Content and Modules
- You can now look forward to a full academic year with a variety of exciting subjects to help you develop your skills. This should help you plan your calendar and your study timetable and put you on the road to success.
Study Guides and Course Material
To help get you started on your chosen field of study, a list of prescribed textbooks will be made available to you. ICESA has also negotiated terms of agreement for the use of the library facilities and books within the holding group.
Careers that would suit you best
Once you have successfully graduated from ICESA, with a Diploma in Human Resource Management you can take on some of the following jobs and careers:
- Human Resources Practitioner
- Human Resources Training Co-ordinator
- Human Resources Administrator
- Workforce Consultants
Understanding your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Human Resource Management.
Take your career to the next level
Students may pursue further studies at an accredited institution of Higher Education. Admission to further your studies at a different institution remains the prerogative of each institution and its academic council.