Diploma in Accounting (Dip: Acc)
Full-time and Part Time | SAQA ID: 84346 | NQF Level: 6 | Credits: 360 | Course Type: Diploma
“Mathematics is the music of reason.” James Joseph Sylvester
Create a future you can count on with a Diploma in Accounting
Do you ever feel that when you walk in the room, everybody knows that the number-cruncher has arrived? Chances are that even when you’re eating out, everyone turns to you to do the math, split the bill, allocate the tips and count the change. If you are the kind of person who puts the world in order, through numbers, systems and calculations, then a Diploma in Accounting is exactly the field of study that you have been looking for.
Most of the corporate world relies on the analytical minds of accountants to provide structure to a company. If you are entering the world of accountancy, prepare to literally become the financial guru of any organisation. The field is varied, with many different levels and layers, you could find yourself functioning as a public accountant, a management accountant, a governmental accountant or even as an internal auditor among other titles.
A qualification in Accounting will equip you, with the ability to analyse budgets, prepare and examine financial records, improve business financial efficiency, forecast financially and understand the legal implications of the business.
Be the person that everybody can ‘count’ on. Begin with yourself, calculate your course to greatness with a Diploma in Accounting with ICESA.
Build your career with a qualification from ICESA
Everybody has a dream about the ideal career that they would like to get into one day. Some may dream of a career in fashion, journalism or even travel and tourism. At ICESA we understand that choosing a career is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make, and we are passionate about providing you with a sound qualification of your dreams at an affordable price. We also know that you would like the time that you spend on campus to be academically rewarding but that you also want to enjoy a rich, full social life. With this in mind we have dynamic, easy to access campuses situated around in some of KZN’s busiest, most vibrant CBD areas for your convenience.
Registering for the Diploma in Accounting is easy! Our staff on the different campuses are friendly, efficient and easy to contact. To find out more, all you need to do is either log onto our website, fill out our online form, call us, or simply pay us a visit. We will be glad to assist you.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40% - 49%) in 4 recognised 20 credit bearing subjects
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- English at grade 12/NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Age Exemption (23 years or older)
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
Expected time on the course
When it comes to time spent on your course, we realise that time is of the essence. At ICESA we would like to equip you with the necessary skills and set you on the path to your dream job as quickly as possible.
- Our HET and FET courses range between 1 - 3 years.
- Our provider and short courses range between 30 hour - 5 months on a full-time basis and then a 1 year - 3 year courses on a part time basis.
- Matric School offers support to learners on all matric subjects, Classes are offered on a full or part-time basis.
The programme duration is three years and tuition is face to face. ICESA tuition is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Course Content and Modules
- You can now look forward to a full academic year with a variety of exciting subjects to help you develop your skills. This should help you plan your calendar and your study timetable and put you on the road to success.
Study Guides and Course Material
To help get you started on your chosen field of study, a list of prescribed textbooks will be made available to you at the library. ICESA has also negotiated terms of agreement for the use of the library facilities and books within the holding group.
Careers that would suit you best
Once you have successfully graduated from ICESA, with a Diploma in Accounting, you can take on some of the following jobs and careers:
- Business Analyst
- Junior Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Business Systems Developer
- Accounting Clerk
Understanding your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive an ICESA Diploma in Accounting.