Higher Certificate: Computer Technical Support (Cert: CTS)
Full-time and Part-Time | 1 Year | SAQA ID: 58380 | NQF Level: 5 | Credits: 125 | Course Type: Higher Certificate
“The digital revolution is far more significant than the invention of writing or even of printing.” Douglas Engelbart
Become the backbone of the corporate world with a Certificate in Computer Technical Support
Are you a problem-solver, analytical thinker and have a mind for trouble-shooting and fixing systems? Could you easily spend hours tinkering with components, finding solutions to technical issues and bringing calm to the storm? If you can imagine being the technical super hero of the office space, helping people solve their PC problems and get back on track with their working day, then this could very well, be the job for you. Enter into the field of Computer Technical Support and expect to become a very hands-on service provider. Part of your work-day description could involve helping people with their technical glitches e- mail, chat and telephonic support. Prepare to have a wide all-round knowledge of computers and a good manner with people because you will have to provide support to customers who are stressed out and want their problems solved as in ‘yesterday.’
If technology is your calling and helping others is something that is in your blood, then it is time for you to step up and embrace your calling with a Certificate in Computer Technical Support.
Build your career with a qualification from ICESA
Everybody has a dream about the ideal career that they would like to get into one day. Some may dream of a career in fashion, journalism or even travel and tourism. At ICESA we understand that choosing a career is one of the most important decisions that you will ever make, and we are passionate about providing you with a sound qualification of your dreams at an affordable price. We also know that you would like the time that you spend on campus to be academically rewarding but that you also want to enjoy a rich, full social life. With this in mind we have dynamic, easy to access campuses situated around in some of KZN’s busiest, most vibrant CBD areas for your convenience.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to diploma studies
- An achievement rating of 3 (40% - 49%) in 4 recognised 20 credit bearing subjects
- English at grade 12/NQF level 4 or equivalent
- Age Exemption (23 years or older)
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
Expected time on the course
When it comes to time spent on your course, we realise that time is of the essence. At ICESA we would like to equip you with the necessary skills and set you on the path to your dream job as quickly as possible.
- Our HET and FET courses range between 1 – 3 years.
- Our provider and short courses range between 30 hour - 5 months on a full-time basis and then a 1 year - 3 year courses on a part time basis.
- Matric School offers support to learners on all matric subjects, Classes are offered on a full or part-time basis.
The programme duration is 1 year and tuition is face to face. ICESA tuition is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Course Content and Modules
- You can now look forward to a full academic year with a variety of exciting subjects to help you develop your skills. This should help you plan your calendar and your study timetable and put you on the road to success.
Study Guides and Course Material
A list of prescribed textbooks is available in the library. ICESA has also negotiated agreements for the use of library facilities and books with libraries within the holding group.
Careers that would suit you best
- Computer Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- IT Technical Support Officer
- Technical Support Manager
Understanding your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a Certificate: Computer Technical Support.
Take your career to the next level
Students may pursue further studies at an accredited institution of Higher Education. Admission to further your studies at a different institution remains the prerogative of each institution and its academic council.